The Dreamer

by Apollo

For I am a dreamer
With dreams that
Span the entire Earth. 
Call me the dreamer
With impossible dreams,
But call me a failure
For I am that too.  
I have not
Lived a long life,
Nor have I
Lived a good one. 
Call me honest,
Call me kind,
I do not believe it
To be true. 
For I am a human,
With a human heart.
For I am a human,
With human emotions. 
I have made mistakes
And I have learnt,
But through it all
I was true.
True to myself
And true to my faith. 
Call me invisible
For that is the truth.
Call me forgettable
For I am forgotten. 
A quiet whisper in a
Never ending storm.
A small light
Blinking out in the dark. 
Call me a dreamer
With impossible dreams.
For I was the dreamer
With hope in my heart
And a fire in my soul.

Note from the author:
Sometimes the words just come to you at any given moment and you have to just write it down. I wrote this poem while studying for a chemistry test (which I think I failed) and I thought I would share it with the rest of the world. I'm not really the type to write poems because I either want to make it rhyme or it ends up being a paragraph. This is the first poem that I've felt happy about showing and it pretty much reflects the mood I'm in. Hope you liked it.